Monday 12 September 2011

Totally Unacceptable, right?

Okay, so I've been meaning to blog about this for a while now, but I haven't gotten round to it.


This is a picture that come up on my Tumblr dashboard, I have no idea where its from or what it is for.
But my first thoughts are 'wow, just wow' 'I really want to look like that'.
Now, I'm not stupid, so immediately after, I feel offended, because this picture its so obviously photoshopped its unreal.
It is physically impossible to look like that. So how awful is it that my first thoughts were that I wanted to look like that? I have an impossible goal in mind now. 
The size that the blonde central girl is, is unhealthily skinny, and she would not look like that at her size. If she was actually that size, she would have ribs visible, hip bones sticking out, even down to her wrists and elbows, they would have protruding bones. No one would look like that. She would be skeletal. Her skin would look grey. 
I find it so unfair how the media and advertisements and magazines can get away with fooling the world like this.
If I was this girl who'd been photoshopped to hell, I'd be so offended!

Yes it's okay to be conscious of the way you look, but having unrealistic goals like this is not okay.

Blog Archive